Mike Veny is a sought after keynote speaker and professional drummer. He delivers entertaining, engaging, and educational experiences to conferences and events throughout the world.
After filing for bankruptcy at age 25 and reading the book, The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber, Mike made the decision (on the way to the bankruptcy court) to commit all of his efforts to being successful entrepreneur. His product idea stood out clearly in his mind – his drumming.
Pursuing a career in the arts or aspiring to be an entrepreneur doesn’t mean that you are going to be poor or have less job security than someone with regular job.
If you are looking for a proven professional who can offer a real world perspective on success as a self-employed artist, practical steps building powerful relationships, and connect with your audience, then you’ve come to the right place. What sets Mike apart from other presenters is that he takes the time to listen and understand your vision, goals, and objectives before he determines if he is the right fit for you. If he is the right fit for you, then he will create a plan to take your event to the next level.
Today Mike is fiercely committed to the idea that success in business and entrepreneurship is spiritual success. His core message is “You need to develop and consistently nurture relationships in order to be successful”.
During his workshops and keynotes, Mike encourages attendees to:
- View marketing, relationship building, and selling on a foundation of trust.
- Develop a simple plan to gain clarity.
- Create automated systems for managing relationships.
- Learn effective sales skills that can be applied to any aspect of life.
Satisfied clients rave about the powerful impact Mike has had on audiences. He inspires attendees to leave his presentations inspired with new ideas and simple action steps that they can apply immediately.
Here’s what some meeting planners have had to say about Mike:
- Katie Sowa, Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization – “Mike is an outstanding entrepreneur, speaker, and artist, who is able to communicate novel insights and life experiences on an innovative and engaging level. Mike would be an ideal addition to any conference, event, or meeting at which you are hoping to leave the audience motivated and inspired.”
- Amy Rogers, Self-Employment in the Arts – “Not only was Mike’s presentation excellent but he was also a delight to work with. Over the last ten years I have had the opportunity to work with many presenters and I would highly recommend Mike Veny to anyone looking for a quality individual and speaker to be part of an event. We plan to continue to build our relationship with Mike and utilize his skills for future programs. I was impressed with his genuineness, ability to understand and engage our audience, enthusiasm, knowledge on a variety of subjects, and his willingness to visit and interact with attendees outside of his scheduled presentation slots..”
In addition, here’s what some attendees have had to say about Mike:
- Conference Attendee – “ I Love Mike Veny! He is wonderful and engaging and funny. He is great explaining networking and relationships. He should be here every year. I love his energy and his drum circle. He inspires me!!!!”
- Conference Attendee – “I learned how to establish meaningful connections with potential employers/clients.”
You can feel confident in choosing Mike to address your audience about arts entrepreneurship subjects. As a professional speaker in the National Speaker’s Association, he’s presented in front of audiences consisting of youth, parents, adults, and professionals. His perspectives have been featured on the Pitch Jam blog and he presented at the 2014 Haiti Entrepreneurship Camp.
As a drummer, Mike has performed with Nickelodeon’s Dirty Sock Funtime Band and on albums for Chicago the Musical and Jesus Christ Superstar. His expertise has allowed him to serve as an adjudicator for the Guitar Center Drum Off, the World’s Largest Drum Competition.
He’s currently performing with the Emmy Award Winning Kim Oler, a former staff composer for ABC’s All My Children, As the World Turns, The Tracey Ullman Show, and The Guiding Light. He also performs with several artists in New York City, including sean 360x, Erika Banks, and Dave Rudbarg.
Beyond speaking, bringing interactive drumming to events allows Mike to share his full time job with world. When he’s not speaking, he’s memorizing music, rehearsing, performing, and recording with a variety of artists. As a Member of the Board of Directors of The Fender Music Foundation & writer for Corporate Wellness Magazine, Mike enjoys helping others get the opportunity to experience music making. As a professional drummer, his sponsors include Gretsch Drums, Vic Firth Drum Sticks, Toca Percussion, Aquarian Drumheads, Gibraltar Hardware, Gator Cases, Crescent Cymbals and KickPort.
Five things about Mike and his experience that might you may find interesting:
- He believes that readers are leaders (and leaders are readers). He reads 1 book a week on average.
- He loves good food – especially dishes that contain bacon, cheese and/or garlic.
- He gets easily frustrated by cord clutter and carries velcro cord wraps with him wherever he goes.
- He doesn’t trust people who don’t write things down in meetings.
- He’s looking for a therapist who will write a prescription for a therapy pig for him and looks forward to trying to bring the pig on the plane.
“After more than 10 years of coordinating conference speakers and keynoters, Mike was refreshingly easy to work with and flexible enough to structure his program to deliver exactly what we needed. I would recommend Mike as a keynoter to a wide variety of groups and situations. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!”
Your Call to Action:
Connect with Mike today explore how he can add value to your upcoming event, meeting, or conference and how interactive drumming can give your audience the memory of a lifetime.