For the past several months, I feel as though I have lived out of my suitcase. I haven’t had the time to blog as much as I would have liked due to my schedule. If I wasn’t performing, I was presenting at a conference, or closing a new deal. I miss blogging. I really enjoy writing articles like this, so I’m committed to writing on am more consistent basis.
Here are some new things happening with me that I wanted to share with you:
- Vitamins – Thanks to Michael Hyatt and a bit research, I have taken a multivitamin each day. The last time I did this I was in my early twenties. I am now 33 and feel more energetic when I take my Vitamin Code Raw (affiliate link).
- Naps – I feel like the most productive year of my life was in 11th grade. I was on a consistent schedule and routine. One of the highlights of my day was taking a nap, first thing after school, for an hour. This recharged my batteries, then do homework, then practice drums, then hang out, etc. It gave me tons of energy. Nowadays, I make it a point to take a nap each day.
- Podcasts – I’ve become a loyal listener to the Smart Passive Income, This Is Your Life, & EntreLeadership podcasts. There’s no better way for me to make productive use of down time.
- Drum Lessons – Bruce Becker gave me a drum lesson. He was a student of the legendary
Freddie Gruber. We spent about 90 minutes together and it has freed up my playing on many levels. My goal is not necessarily to sound better…just get more comfortable being me.
- Djembe – I’ve studied djembe in this West African drumming class at Wula Drum under Michael Markus & Mbemba Bangoura. I do my best to take the beginner and advanced class on Mondays when I am in New York City and not traveling. The material really works me mentally, physically, and musically.
- Gigs – Lately, I’ve done mostly performances that included cover songs. Also, I’ve been facilitating drum circles. Those are always fun.
- Storage Facility – The amount of music equipment that I own was no longer suitable for my apartment. I found the perfect space at Citiwide Self Storage. Pulling my car up to a loading dock is easier than 10 trips to and from the apartment. In addition to storage, it allows me to also have a place where I can get my gear shipped to and ship gear from.
So that’s all from me.
What’s new with you?