[wpaudio url="http://mikeveny.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Paid-Gigs.mp3" text="Paid Gigs Are Out There" autoplay="1"]Here is a list of tactics that I’ve used to help me get paid gigs as a professional musician. Performers across all disciplines get great results with the following tactics:
- Start a blog that educates people about what you do.
- Call every single person you know and ask them if they know anyone who would hire you.
- Call every single person you know and ask them to refer you for paid gigs.
- Look for gigs on Craigslist every day.
- Post an ad on Craigslist once a week.
- If someone is skeptical about paying you, offer to do one performance for free.
- Create videos of your performances and upload them to YouTube.
- Put a link to your blog at the beginning of the description for each of your YouTube videos.
- Tag your YouTube videos with keywords people use to search for performers.
- Get a t-shirt printed up that says what you do and has a call-to-action.
- Give away more than one business card to every person you meet.
- Follow up with new people you meet within 24 hours.
- Take the “decision makers” who could hire you out to lunch.
- Become friends with “decision makers” who could hire you.
- Go out of your way to get your friends paid work.
- Help the people who hire you make more money.
- Promote your performances.
- Go to your friends performances.
- Spend an hour each day on marketing yourself.
- Follow up with people who don’t hire you.
- Learn how to sell yourself with confidence and fun.
I guarantee that if you apply these tactics than you will definitely get some paid gigs. It’s important that you are consistent and patient. Your work will pay off. Finally, be sure to keep doing these things once you have too many paid gigs.
What tactics have you used to get paid gigs?
Please scroll down and answer below.