It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The anticipation surrounding the Winter NAMM Show in 2013 is driving me crazy. It makes me wonder which is better…the anticipation of the upcoming NAMM Show or the NAMM show itself? Regardless of the answer, you can get the most up-to-date information on the event through Twitter.
Here are certain people and organizations that you must follow on Twitter. Using a service like HootSuite (affiliate link) will allow you to organize and focus on whatever you’d like to hear about on the NAMM Show. You’ll quickly learn about special performances, parties, sweepstakes, & celebrity appearances. In addition, you can see pictures and video footage of the newest gear in the music industry.
- @NAMM: The official Twitter profile of NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants – the trade association of the international music products industry.
- @NAMMShow: The official Twitter profile of the best darn musical instrument and products trade shows in the world.
- @Fender: The official Twitter profile of FENDER Musical Instruments — a.k.a. FENDER Guitars. During the NAMM Show, Fenders exhibit dominates most of the 3rd floor of the Anaheim Convention Center. Keep in mind that most of the other exhibits are on the first 2 floors!
- @GiveMusicLife: The Fender Music Foundation, is a nonprofit foundation that awards instruments to music education programs. I am a member of the Board of Directors and I will be at the booth at the NAMM Show.
- @HarmonyCentral: Harmony Central is the #1 online community for musicians.
- @iHeartGuitar: Guitarist and journalist, editor of I Heart Guitar, writer for Mixdown, guitarworld.com, Gibson.com, Australian Guitar, Australian Musician Magazine, & The Brag.
- @GuitarCenter: Guitar Center is the largest musical instrument retailer. They help people make music.
- @XombieWoof: Online music & entertainment magazine.
- @MikeVeny: This is me. You should follow me! I will be giving you real-time updates before and during the show.
You can expect different companies to use Twitter before, during, and after the show to connect with you. HootSuite (affiliate link) can also be used on an iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or Windows Smartphone. I’m looking forward to meeting you at the Winter NAMM Show in 2013. Be sure to come meet me at the Fender Music Foundation booth and/or the Toca Percussion booth.
Be sure to tweet this article to your followers and Tweet me to let me know what you thought of it.